Monday, July 21, 2008

July 20, 2008

Today was a day that I will remember forever, and for validated reasons. I have not slept for twenty-five hours. My business plan is not yet completed, although a member of my group is working tirelessly as I write. It should be done soon. The business plan didn't have to end this way, I suppose. We only brought it upon ourselves. Had we managed our time better, we could have slept like the other five project house groups did last night. This is what happens when you completely scrap your project two days before it's due. Our new business was planned in two days and fueled by energy drinks.

Incredibly, today was still a blast in spite of my group's intense sleep deprivation. Morning announcements were delayed, so everybody else got the chance to sleep in. We got to participate in a sweet Bollywood dance workshop this afternoon. After that, we all got to meet Shad alumni living in the Vancouver area at a BBQ here on-campus. Talking to them was fun, and maybe it gave some of us an idea of where we'll be in a few years. I'm looking forward to sleep and the final judging of our projects tomorrow.

All in all, so far Shad has been busy, intense, and absolutely amazing.

Nicholas Moore
Shad Valley Univeristy of British Columbia
Hometown: Calgary, Alberta