Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 8, 2008

Today we had a usual morning lined up for us, which involved waking up for breakfast at 8:30am, and heading down to Tilley 303 for a lecture. But, it was also the introduction of Shad Speak, an activity which was suppose to help us out with public speaking. And in turn, this would benefit our project presentations later down the road. Of course I couldn't wait for lunch (my favourite part of the day).

However, today was also the second day of lab seminars. I was in the Cold Formed Steel Group! As exciting as it sounds, the lecture did honestly put me to sleep in the beginning, but it caught my interest later on. Unfortunately, during the "lab" demonstration none of the equipment worked.

I was sad for a moment, but next was Shad Time (which is my second most favourite part of the day). During Shad Time we do whatever we want, as long as it obeys the laws of the book of Shad (i.e. the rules). My favourite thing to do during Shad Time was sleep on the hill. Oh, how I am going to miss that hill.

After Shad Time and dinner, we had time to work on our projects, and boy did that make it an intense afternoon. It seemed the day went by so fast because the next thing you know it was time for the late night activity where we had Shads presenting some reading material. That was what we did during July 8th, 2008, and it put me to sleep in a matter of minutes!

Vino Jeyapalan
Shad Valley New Brunswick
Hometown: Markham, Ontario